Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Official Welcome and Aug 2010 Relaxer Update

Well I finally decided to make a blog. Im really excited about starting this new part of my journey. So here we go my 1st post! I did a relaxer last Friday w/ ORS No-lye (Normal). I guess technically I should used Super, but they always scare me lol, so i decided against it. My hair is like a 4b/c, very thick, and very coarse I did a strand test and even at 30 mins it was still underprocessed so I went up to 35. I was very happy w/ my results, my hair is straight, but not bone straight, still has all the thickness and body that it had before so Im happy.
 I rocked a braid out for about 2-3 days after. Was feeling to lazy to flat iron my hair. Plus Im in Long Hair Care Forum's 2010 Bootcamp. There are very strict rules for using heat and I already used my heat pass the week before.
Oh yea I did a length check prob 2 days later and I FINALLY MADE BSB!!!!! Im sooooo happy. Now I feel like Im finally in the big leagues :) Its so cool cause I didnt think my hair has ever been this long, well I guess when I was like 8 but that was a long time ago.


I just feel soooooo blessed to have learned so much over this year and half about hair, especially relaxed hair and how to care for it. I know know that my hair can reach any length it wants to. And also I know that just because my hair is relaxed dosent mean that I have to accept it breaking, being dry, just acting up in general. It can still grow and be healthy. Well I think thats all for now. I really do look forward to sharing what I know with all you guys, and also yall (lol yes im a southerner) following me on the rest of my journey. Deuces :)

No comments:

Post a Comment