Friday, August 20, 2010

The dreaded no-lye dryness :/

Ok so a lil update on my experience w/ ORS No-lye. Even though my hair is still really thick from it, this week my hair has been acting up something fierce. Its weird cause I relaxed on Friday and my hair felt fine until about sun or mon, then it just was really dry. I was moisturizing day and night, something I never had to do when I was using lye. Finally last night, my hair felt like it was getting back to normal. Im going to wash on sat. I will def use a chelating shampoo to remove ne kind of calcium buildup there is and see if my hair feels ne better. I guess the relaxer thing is like a catch 22, the lesser of two evils, with lye I got thinning, but moisturized hair, with no lye its very thick but dry hair. Lol FML...well I'll wait it out and see what happens. I might have to step up my DC's or co washes for now on to keep my hair moisturized, but I'll do whatever I need to do, even though all of this I still lean towards no lye. To me the thickness is so important, even more important than the length itself. I rather reach waistlength with a thick bushy head of hair then reach it which thin straggly, lifeless hair. Oh well, just my thoughts, ttyl, deuces :D

Update: Aug 25th
Ok so I washed my hair this weekend, like I said I would w/ Nexxus Aloe Rid. Instantly after I did that my hair felt soooo much better. So I guess it was the calcium build up after all. Then I Dc'ed w/ Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, and my hair felt sooooooo soft. Like butter :0 Its felt great ever since then, so dryness or ne thing. I think I will stay w/ the ORS for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment